• Print and bring your flight/travel itinerary
• Get to the airport early (2hours recommended)
• Secure ground transport to/from airport/hotel
• Bring ID and credit card for hotel incidentals (phone calls, etc.)
• Bring snacks!
• Relax and enjoy the trip!
If you are presenting a poster:
• Don’t let your poster out of your sight! Carry your poster at all times! Don't check it in with your luggage—it can be a carry-on
• Label your poster with your contact & hotel information
• Bring an electronic backup of your poster
What to Wear
You know that saying, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression”? We don’t mean to perpetuate a cliché, but it is TRUE!
A professional appearance goes a long way in making a good first impression. Dress professionally but be practical. Comfortable shoes are essential. You will be on your feet for 12+ hours a day and the convention center is HUGE.
NOTE: Suits are optional, but they do make strong impressions and are highly recommended when visiting the Exhibit Hall, giving a research presentation, and at the Awards Dinner & Ceremony on Saturday night.
What NOT to Wear
• Sneakers, flip-flops
• Outfits better suited to a nightclub
• Create & bring a CV: there are many online resources that provide advice and template for building a resume. Just type “CV templates” into your web browser for suggestions or head to your campus career center for face-to-face advice.
• Print & bring business cards: Create business card using an online, free service or with pre-perforated business card paper from an office supply store. Make sure you include your name, contact information, and school/institution.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.